2015 was our pilot year here at Pollinate Minnesota. During our first year:
- We taught over 5000 people in our classes, with over 800 in beekeeping suits, working hives with us.
- Over 75% of these folks were elementary students, learning about bees through our immersive, standards based inquiry lessons. Over 95% had never worked a hive before.
- With our help, Minneapolis, Saint Paul, and Duluth became Minnesota's largest pollinator friendly communities. Currently MN has over 20 Pollinator Friendly Municipalities!
- We continued to pressure our state legislature and the Minnesota Department of Agriculture to do the same for the whole state.
- We kept 15 bee hives with 5 unique community partners.
Your donations put more students in beekeeping suits, mobilize more pollinator friendly communities and Pollinate Minnesota.
Your support funds our campaign and helps us deepen our educational partnerships and branch out to reach new audiences.